This website (www.unicorn.sg) and all of its content has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
These legal notices, which include disclaimers of liability, govern your use of this website. Please read them carefully. The website is designed to be accessed through its main section pages, which carry information relevant to the subsequent pages. If you access individual pages directly, you may not see legal and regulatory information, which must be read with the appropriate pages.
The content of this website and the products and services featured are addressed only to the Singapore market. The website is not intended for use by persons or organisations in jurisdictions that prohibit the promotion or provision of any of the products or services featured. Unicorn Financial Solutions Pte Limited (‘Unicorn’) only provides services or products in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered.
Suitability of Services
The advertisement of any services or products on the website, and any statements made about any particular services or products are indications only of the services offered by Unicorn and do not constitute a warranty by Unicorn that any such services is suitable for you and nothing on this website should be construed as a solicitation or offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities or any other investment or product or to provide any investment advice or service.
Company and Regulatory Information
Unicorn is registered in Singapore. Business registration number 200501540R.
Registered Office: 538 Geylang Road, The Arizon #02-09 Singapore 389493
Unicorn is licensed in Singapore as a financial adviser under the Financial Advisers Act. Its licence allows it to provide the following financial advisory services:
- Advising others either directly or through publications or writings, whether electronic, print or other form, concerning the following investment products, other than in the manner specified in paragraph 2 of the Second Schedule to the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110):
- Life Policies
- Collective Investment Schemes
- Advising on Securities including Collective Investment Schemes
- Issuing or promulgating analyses or reports, whether in electronic, print or other form, concerning the following investment products:
- Life Policies
- Collective Investment Schemes
- Advising on Securities including Collective Investment Schemes
- Marketing of any collective investment scheme.
- Arranging of any contract of insurance in respect of life policies.
- Unicorn has also exercised its right under the Insurance Act to be an Exempt Broker for general insurance and offers a personal lines general insurance service to clients.
Unicorn is also a Registered Fund Management Company under paragraph 5(1)(i) of the Second Schedule to the Securities and Futures (Licensing and Conduct of Business) Regulations.
Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The value of any investments, and the income from them, may fall as well as rise and you may not recover the value of your investment. Changes in rates of exchange may cause the value of the investments that involve exposure to a foreign currency to go up or down. Tax reliefs available under current legislation may change, and their availability and value depend on individual circumstances.
If for any reason you have any cause for complaint about the way in which Unicorn has performed its duties, you should immediately contact Unicorn who will deal with the complaint. A copy of Unicorn’s complaint handling procedures is available on request. In any event, you have the right to complaint directly to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
If you want to commend us on our service, or if you have a complaint about us, please inform our consultant looking after you, or call Mr Kelvin Poon (Compliance) at 6887 3885.
Personal data protection policies and practices contact Mr Kelvin Poon (Complaince) at 6887 3885.
Third-Party Websites and Products
You may not link any other website to this website without obtaining the prior written consent of Unicorn.
This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other website, which may not be regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and which are hosted and maintained by third parties. Unicorn has no control over the security or content of these sites and you use these sites at your own risk.
Suspicious Letters or Emails, Scams and Frauds
Please be aware that fraudsters may pose as someone from Unicorn to carry out scams or frauds. Usually these will originate by email and may involve offering a large sum of money. The key to the scam is persuading you to enter into communication with the fraudster and obtaining your identity details. If you receive an email of this nature claiming to be from Unicorn or someone at Unicorn, you should be very cautious about corresponding with the sender. It is highly unlikely that is originates from us. Please note that we may not respond to individual enquiries about emails of this nature and that neither Unicorn nor any of its directors, employees, appointed representatives or contractors will be responsible for any losses incurred by any such scam or fraud.
Information on this site is for personal use only and may not be reproduced, stored or distributed to any other person or incorporated in a document without Unicorn’s written permission.
This website is provided on an “as is” basis. Unicorn disclaims all warranties and conditions, including without limitation all express or implied warranties or conditions as to satisfactory quality, availability, fitness for purpose, or as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information provided on this website. In no event shall Unicorn be liable for any indirect or consequential damages including without limitation loss of profit or opportunity, incurred by you arising out of your use, misuse or inability to use this website.
Singapore Law shall govern this website (including these legal notices) and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from this website. The contents of this website are subject to change without notice.
Code of Conduct for Representatives and Employees
Unicorn Financial Solution Limited (‘Unicorn’) is committed to maintaining high levels of ethics, professionalism and service in its dealings with clients. It is committed to dealing fairly with its clients, so that:
- Unicorn’s clients can have confidence that, in dealing with Unicorn, they deal with a financial adviser and a consultant where fair dealing is central to the corporate culture.
- Unicorn offers products and services that are suitable for the client.
- Unicorn’s consultants and employees provide clients with quality advice and appropriate recommendations, and superior administrative service and client care.
- Unicorn’s clients receive clear, relevant and timely information to make informed financial decisions.
Unicorn handles complaints in an independent, effective and prompt manner.
Unicorn will conduct its business with honesty, fairness, integrity and professionalism in order to maintain good faith and to preserve public trust in the financial services industry.
Unicorn will not engage in any conduct involving fraud or dishonesty, or commit any act that reflects adversely on its honesty or trustworthiness or that compromises its integrity.
Unicorn will exercise reasonable care and judgement to achieve and maintain objectivity in conducting its business.
Unicorn will avoid situations that might impair its ability to make objective recommendations.
Unicorn will implement and maintain proper procedures to preserve the confidentiality of information it receives from a client or which relates to a client.
Unicorn will not disclose to any person any information given by a client unless:
- the information obtained from the client is given to a government agency in accordance with any relevant law; or
- the client has given consent to Unicorn to disclose the information.
Personal data protection policies and practices contact Mr Kelvin Poon (Compliance) at 6887 3885.
Unicorn will act with competence and strive to maintain the necessary knowledge and expertise in its business activities.
Unicorn will provide advice only in those areas in which it has the necessary competence and skills. Where Unicorn is not professionally competent in a specific area, it will consult other qualified professionals or advise clients to seek the advice of other qualified professionals.
Unicorn will ensure that any person it employs or appoints to conduct business for or with clients is suitably qualified and competent, and that the person possesses the relevant professional training or experience to act in the capacity in which he or she is so employed or appointed.
Unicorn will provide its representatives with relevant training so as to enhance their competence, knowledge and skills.
Representatives and employees of Unicorn will keep abreast of advances in the financial services industry and participate in continuing education throughout their professional careers with Unicorn in order to maintain the necessary competence, knowledge and skills in all the business activities in which they are engaged.
Unicorn operates a structure without tiers; it will maintain in place arrangements to enable it properly to supervise its representatives.
Due Care and Diligence
Unicorn will act with due care and diligence in conducting its business activities.
Unicorn will take all reasonable steps to process client orders promptly, in accordance with the instructions of clients and on terms that Unicorn reasonably considers appropriate in the circumstances, and that have been disclosed to and agreed with clients.
Unicorn will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that its clients receive prompt written confirmation or documentation that clients’ orders have been executed.
Unicorn will maintain adequate systems and processes to ensure proper supervision of its representatives and employees and their activities; its representatives and employees are required to cooperate fully in the spirit of achieving the high standards of practice to which Unicorn aspires.
Disclosure to Clients
Unicorn will provide clients with adequate information about its business, including its business address and telephone number. It will also disclose the types of financial advisory service it is authorised to provide, including the type of investment products on which it is allowed to give advice or market to clients.
When making a recommendation on an investment product, Unicorn will make adequate disclosure of all material facts relating to the key features of the product, including:
- the nature of the investment, including the underlying financial instruments and how these instruments work, if applicable;
- the benefits of investing in the product;
- the risks involved; in the case of complex product transactions, Unicorn will assure itself that the client understands the risks related to investing in such products and that the client has sufficient financial resources to assume the risks and bear the potential loss of investing in such products.
- the salient terms and conditions of the product;
- the fees and charges the client will have to pay, including any recurring charges or fees, if applicable;
- early termination clauses, including, in the case of funds deposited by a client with a deposit-taking institution, the procedures, charges and restrictions on early withdrawal by the client, or early redemption by the deposit-taking institution, as well as any other material information associated with early withdrawal or redemption;
- any pecuniary or other disadvantages that the client will or may suffer (temporarily or otherwise) as a result of switching from the original product to the replacement product, if applicable.
- Unicorn will draw the client’s attention to the warnings, exclusions and disclaimers in all documents, advertising materials and literature relating to an investment product it is recommending to the client.
- Unicorn will ensure at all times that any representation made and information provided to the client is clear, adequate and not false or misleading.
- Unicorn will distinguish between facts and opinion in its presentation of recommendations to the client.
- Unicorn will disclose, in writing, to its client all remuneration, including any commission, fee and other benefit that it has received or will receive for making any recommendation in respect of an investment product, or executing a purchase or sale contract relating to an investment product on the client’s behalf.
- Unicorn charges fees; it will disclose to the client details of the charges at the outset.
- Unicorn receives commissions from some product providers on investment products which clients acquire through Unicorn; it will disclose to the client the amount of commissions it receives on the investment products it recommends.
- Where Unicorn receives trailer commissions, soft commissions or such other benefits from a product provider, it will disclose to the client as meaningfully as possible the amount of such commissions and benefits.
- Where the amount of remuneration, commission, fee or benefit is not quantifiable, Unicorn will furnish its client with a description of how it will be remunerated.
- If the precise rate of remuneration or value of commission is not known in advance, Unicorn will estimate the rate likely to apply in such description.
- In the case of a life policy, Unicorn will disclose to its client the “distribution cost” item in the Benefit Illustration and, in accordance with industry practice approved by the regulator, will not be required to disclose the amount and type of remuneration.
When making a recommendation on an investment product to a client, Unicorn will take all reasonable steps to determine the client’s financial objectives, tolerance of risk and volatility, financial situation, investment experience and particular needs.
Unicorn will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that its recommendations are suitable for the client, taking into account the information it has obtained from the client. It will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that its recommendations are based on thorough analysis and take into account alternative investment options.
Unicorn will explain to the client the basis for its recommendation and why the investment product it is recommending is suitable for the client.
Unicorn will not use any rebate of commissions as the basis for its recommendation.
Unicorn will keep records of all information it has obtained from its client, the recommendations made to the client and the basis of its recommendations.
Unicorn’s management will regularly review these records to evaluate the suitability of the recommendations made by representatives and employees.
Unicorn will take all reasonable steps to establish the true and full identity of its clients and will ensure it complies with the “know your client” due process on Prevention of Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (currently set out in MAS Notice No. FAA-N06).
Conflicts of Interest
Unicorn will use its reasonably best endeavours to act in the best interests of its clients when providing financial advisory services to its clients. It will disclose in writing to the client any actual or potential conflicts of interest arising from any connection to or association with any product provider, including any material information or facts that might compromise its objectivity or independence in the carrying on of financial advisory services.
In assigning duties, Unicorn will not place its representatives or employees in situations where conflicts of interest may arise; it will ensure that there is proper segregation of duties to minimise any possible conflicts of interest.
Unicorn will maintain adequate procedures and processes for handling complaints relating to its financial advisory business.
It will ensure that:
- complaints are handled in a fair, timely and appropriate manner;
- complaints are promptly investigated and responded to;
- an officer is designated to handle all complaints; and
- at the outset of the relationship with Unicorn, clients are clearly informed how they can make complaints to the Company, FIDReC or the MAS.
- Unicorn will maintain a register of complaints, containing details of complaints received and how they have been dealt with. Management will review the register regularly.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Unicorn will maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations relevant to its business activity.
Unicorn will take all reasonable steps, including the establishment of internal procedures, to ensure that any person it employs or appoints to conduct business for or with clients is conversant and complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations relevant to its business activity.
Common Effort to Achieve Desired High Standards
Employees and representatives will use their best endeavours to ensure that Unicorn operates to the standards set out in this Code of Conduct and with its other procedures and methodologies as adopted from time to time.